Outdoor Skills – Hunting Q&A

Q: I live in a hot, damp climate (Florida), and my guns are forever rusting. I've tried one "rustproofer" after another, and none of them seem to work over a long period of time. What do you use?

A: I use RIG, which has been around longer than I have. It stands for Rust Inhibiting Grease, and you put a dab of it on a sheepskin pad called a RIG Rag, work it in among all the little woolly fibers, wipe your gun, and forget about rust for the next 50 years or so. Like all good gun things, it’s sold by Brownell’s at www.brownells.com.